Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Parkinsons SA Photography Group and SALA 2020


For the last 5 years I have been involved with a group of photographers who all have Parkinson's Disease.
I myself do not have the condition but was encouraged to get involved with the group by a friend,Lyndone Radbone who had the disease.
Lyndon was great encourager who sadly died over a year ago now.
I first met him many years ago when he was a top table tennis player.
He knew I was a keen photographer and told me I should get involved with the group.
So I did.
I have been a regular member of the group since then and have found these guys very inspiring.
All of them have a keen interest in photography and have different levels of skill.
We go on regular outings and have monthly meetings but since the Covid lockdown we have had regular zoom meetings.
 Each year in South Australia there is an art exhibition that encompasses various genres in art including photography and painting etc.
It is called the South Australian Living Artists festival.
For more information about SALA follow the link below.
https://www.salafestival.com/2020-artist-participation/
 This year the event will be held entirely on line and starts from the 1st August.
When we are up and running I will post the link to the gallery here.

https://www.artsteps.com/view/5f23bf4e7db25f0c57c30523

Our photography group is taking part and we will be having an online walk through gallery.
If anyone in South Australia has this condtiion and would like to be involved in our photography group then please contact me on 0417867476
When it starts I will notify where you can see our work.
So watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment