Blog Archive

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Favourite Lens -Pentax A 28-135mm F4 Zoom

Today I coupled up my Pentax 28-135 MF  with my Pentax Kr and took some pics in the garden.I think it is just about my favourite lens.
It is a precision instrument and all class.
Constant F4 maximum aperture
It also has a macro setting but did not use this today.

This week(6/2/15) has seen Ricoh anouncing a new Pentax Full  Frame DSLR is in the pipeline.
This lens should be great with that.

My wife is the gardener not me!













5 comments:

  1. Richo played for the tigers, Thanks for pointing out my typo error.Thanks Claudio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Geoff. I read your post on using these lens. I´m guessing if that Pentax are "real" zoom lenses, if they are parfocal or varifocal. Can you tell me about it?.
    I´m looking for these one as a cheap zoom lens for video in my Sony´s FS100 as a great manual lens with constant aperture. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jose,

    yes the lens is par focal the focus and aperture are constant as you zoom the lens.
    The lens I have is a manual focus lens.
    You may be able to get an equivalent autofocus lens.
    The lens is a very good lens.
    Up there with the best in my opinion.

    Good luck with that

    Geoff

    ReplyDelete