Blog Archive

Sunday, January 24, 2016

How are Christian Books Born Again?

Of course my title is misleading.

A book is an inaminate object so it is never born or born again in a human sense.

However there are many wonderful Christian books that can find themselves having a new life
after the original owner has died or changed their ideas or they are just lying around someones house.
Over the years I have bought many new Christian books but probably a lot more on the second hand market.
Some classic books are out of print these days but their message is timeless and vital.

I discovered a little cache of Christian books in a Rotary Book shop the other day.

Here are some of the titles and why I bought them.


 "Understanding the Bible" by John Stott. One of my favourite Christian Teachers. A must.


 "He Gave Gifts" by Charles Swindoll. Good balanced teaching on the gifts of the Holy Spirit is very important.


 "The Methodist School Hymnal"  I never knew this existed.Some wonderful old hymns.


 This is the Classic Devotional Book every Christian should have and use.You can follow it each day on the internet.  "My Utmost for His Highest" by J Oswald Chambers


 The Serendipity New Testament for Groups . The serendipity Bible Studies were wonderful in the 70's and still great for today. This I regard as a treasure.



Lots of great tips about how to lead and take part in small groups.





'The Case for Christ" by Lee Strobel. This one I mentioned in my last post.
For the skeptics and Christians who want to know how to answer criticisms of your faith.

A great resource for used but very useful Christian books is at the following website.

http://www.christianbooksaustralia.com/
"

No comments:

Post a Comment