Blog Archive

Monday, January 2, 2017

Talkin' about my Generation 5 -Dion DiMucci

Growing up in the 50's and 60's one of my all time favourite recording artists was Dion of Dion and The Belmonts.
He had rock and roll hit after hit.
I bought most of them as 45rpm vinyl records.
Still have some of them.

Years later when I became a Christian I was delighted to learn he had returned to the Faith of his childhood and recorded some Gospel music.
It is so good when you see God touch people's lives.
A Musical legend in his own lifetime but he gives God the Glory.
Below is a link to an  interview about him and his life journey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rh3RkaPqa0

Many who are very narrow in their understanding of the length, breadth and depth of God's love get hung up about denominations.
I have been one of them in the past and there are still doctrinal issues I consider important but as Paul said.  

"Phillipians 3.

15 All of us, then, who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. 16 Only let us live up to what we have already attained."

No comments:

Post a Comment