Blog Archive

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Speaking to Community Groups

Over the years I have on occasions been called on to speak to various groups in the community.
Some of this was in my professional career working in Telecom Australia,Commonwealth Employment Service and also Centrelink and some as a private person.
These groups have varied from Lions's Clubs, Rotary,Schools, Legacy,Churches,Women's Fellowships,Photography Clubs,Senior Citizens,Nursing Homes etc.
It is something I have always enjoyed and you never know what might happen at these talks.
On one occasion in a primary school I found myself and a work colleague holding a pair of baby wombats.
Let me tell you baby wombats are incredibly strong and difficult to hold while trying to pose for a photo.
This week I had the privilege of speaking to a group of mainly older ladies at "The Women's Meeting Place" of Mitcham in South Australia.
My topic was speaking about my experience as a wedding photographer.
It was very enjoyable and I was plied with cups of tea and scones with jam and cream.
The talk seemed to go well and I was very surprised at the perception of those asking me questions and how many questions they had.
They have a different guest speaker every week.
If you happen to have a group where you would like a guest speaker I am very open to being approached.
If you navigate around this blog you will find I have a variety of interests.
I am happy to speak on any such topics.
One I am keen to speak on is about my late Father in Law, Dudley Foweraker.
Dud was a a very knowledgable Conservationist, Nursery Man, Ornithologist writer and artist and champion of the River Murray.
He had an occasional column in the Murray Pioneer Newspaper towards the end of his life.
My talks will always be augmented with slide and dvd movies from my various interests.
Please contact on geoff.g.thompson @gmail.com  or mobile 0417867476.

Myself in Central Australia
Dud Foweraker

Wedgetail Eagle Central Australia

Galahs

Test Cricket Adelaide Oval

In Hallet Cove Conservation Park

No comments:

Post a Comment