Blog Archive

Friday, July 15, 2011

WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY AGREEMENT

-->


Below is a copy of the wedding photography agreement I have been using for years.It is in addition to my price list for packages. I always produce this after talking about prices and showing samples and planning the wedding. I give 2 copies to the couple to read and consider at the consult.After answering any questions I then give them 2 copies signed by myself and ask them to post back one copy signed and with the deposit. Sometimes I and they will complete the booking on the spot but I never push for a sale at the time unless they indicate they want to proceed. Some would say you need to use a sale closure process but I have always adopted a policy not to be "pushy". That's how i like to be treated. 
I compiled this agreement by adapting it from a sample in a book I bought some years ago now." Professional Techniques for the Wedding Photographer" by George Schaub, Amphoto publishing.There are may modern equivalents of this 1985 publication but I found it helpful at the time.



Geoff Thompson Photographics                                          Ph:
Address:

                        WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY AGREEMENT

Your wedding day is one of the most important in your life.

It will more than likely be one of the happiest.

As your wedding photographer I will endeavor to capture the joy and romance of this special occasion.

Photography can dominate a wedding day.That is not my intention.

With planning , we can together, obtain those special shots.

I will do everything possible to ensure that your photographs will be first class.
Should however any event happen that results  in a less than satisfactory coverage of the event, any refund negotiated will be limited to the amount of monies paid prior to and including the wedding day and any money paid for subsequent orders.

This agreement also applies to anyone assisting me on the day or doing video as my associate.

Having photographed weddings since 1975 , to this date I have not yet had to negotiate a refund.

Regarding copyright, please note that unless otherwise agreed, I reserve the right to copy right for your wedding photographs with exception being where other terms have been agreed upon.
Unless otherwise agreed I would like to use your images for promotional or competition purposes.
The wedding date and this contract is secured by your deposit paid by
…………………….date.

I trust that the photos taken will provide you with many happy memories of

your special day…………………………………………………………..Photographer

We have read the above agreement and these conditions are acceptable to us.
We have selected the package entitled……………………………..for the price $..............
………………………………………………………Bride
………………………………………………………Bride groom
Wedding date………………………………………………….

We also agree that our photos may be displayed for promotional purposes on the internet.
………………………………..Bride………………………………Bridegroom












                       

No comments:

Post a Comment